Friday, July 14, 2017
Have you stopped by holding your knee in the middle of walk? Have you felt a strong pain in knee? If the answers are yes then, it is your time to think again about your knee. Knee is most important joint our body and it takes all the pressure of the upper body on it. If one is going to ignore the pain for a long time, it is possible that they will face a lot of issues in the future. Even ignoring the pain for a long time can result in knee joint replacement. Here are 5 of the tips following which one can easily avoid the knee pains.
Warm Up: In order to get protected from injuries to knee, one must do warm up properly before walking. In addition, one must do a dynamic warm up which will increase the blood flow in the veins and muscles around the knee and legs.
The dynamic warm will focused on the knee and hip joints, and thus if any blockage or anything will be there, it will be come under the notice of the person while doing the stretching or the exercise. Diagonal walking, high kicks are some of the example of warm up properly.
Make Lower Muscle Strengthen: As being mentioned, it is important that the person needs to strengthen the muscles around the knee joints as it protects the knee from being injured. In addition strengthening the muscle will protect the bones not to get spilt in any different direction. However, in order to protect the knee it is not the only the setup but doing exercises which strengthen the muscle attached to legs and hips. These exercises will help the quadriceps, hamstrings and groin muscles to get stronger.
If the calves, dorsiflexors or the plantarflexors will be strong, then it will help the person in order to protect the ankles and knees from getting injured. In order to make these muscles strong one can do running and walking beside any other exercises with gym equipments. However, in order to protect one self, it is advisable that the person must also do the exercises under the supervision of trainer.
Put right armour: Ok, I know that you are not going for any war, but while any one is preparing for exercise or even performing daily works must wear the right gears. If the person will not wear right things could end up with affecting the valuable parts. There are many instances where the persons get injured due to not wearing the proper items for exercising and hurt the selves. If one is involved in workout then he must wear right shoes, which will protect the him from the impact.
Do not Force: Another problem, which brings the knee to injury, is over pushing one self as by over pushing oneself one may hurt himself as well as the knees. It is true that one must push the limits as it helps in order to achieve more while working out. However, if one forcing more than the limit can bring harm to one self. Thus one must stop at once when he found that that the work out is harming one self must stay away from it. Running on the harder surface is very bad thus one must avoid this especially. One must also avoid the trainings such as jumping, lunging, skating etc. The main reason behind avoid such things is the impact it has on the knees.
It also prevents the inflammatory issues in the knees. However, if someone got hurt through this he must put an ice pack or a wet towel on the knees in order to avoid the discomfort level. In order give a comfort to the knees, one must also try to stop the exercise for few days as the impacts can harm the knees more. However, one can go for other exercises such as stagnant biking or swimming as it will help you to burn out your sweat as well as put the knees to rest.
Performing stretches regular: it looks that kicking, jumping and other activities are completely dependent on the knees. Yes, it is true but in addition to this, the muscles such as hamstring, gluteal muscle, calf muscles and quadriceps muscles also play important role while the knees are performing those duties. In addition to that one must understand that it is not that knee or supportive muscle are the only thing whose mal function can injure you, but it is also the other parts of body, if they mal functions it can also harm the knee alternatively. Thus stretching of full body parts is an important exercise that must be done the people in order to avoid the injuries.
Therefore, here are some of the tips that are being given to the people in order to avoid different injuries related to knees. Apart from that, people must also use different protective gear in order to protect the knee from being injured. There are guards, braces, pads and other modern equipments, which can protect the knees from getting injured. Therefore, it is advisable to all the people in order to protect them from the knees injuries they must use proper preventive measures.
Friday, June 2, 2017
Nowadays joint problems are not remaining the problems of an old age but even young people are also suffering from these problems. However, doctor plasticising hipreplacement surgeries in India mentioned that there are certain steps that people can include in their life style to avoid the hip related issues. Doctors also mentioned that the people who are not taking the hip pains seriously might suffer bigger problems like hip replacements in the future. Therefore, along with the old people, young people can also follow the ways to make sure that they can avoid the serious knee pains too. Here are some of the easy ways that can be followed by the people.
The first and foremost thing that a person must do is to do a proper diagnosis. The reason is that a proper diagnosis can help the doctors to understand the reason behind the pain or the suffering that the person is facing. It is important that a person must visit the doctor before he or she will start doing different exercises. The reason is that the pain could be because of different reasons such as arthritis, bursitis or even due to some of injuries. Thus, it becomes more important to take the advice of the doctor before going for any kind of exercise as it may harm one instead of giving relief.
Another very common way of avoiding hip related pain is by putting ice on the inflammatory area. It provides an instant relief to the pain that the person is suffering. One must put an ice pack available in the market for at least 15 minutes on the place of pain for at least three or four times in a day. In a situation where the person is feeling that the pack is too cold to be put on, he can wrap the ice in a towel and place it over the affected place.
In several cases, it has been found that heating the right place could be also a soothing experience. In order to get relief one can take shower in a hot water or if the person is having a bathtub, he or she can soak for hours to get relief. However, if the pain is because of the bursitis, in such case one must not heat the place as it could increase the pain. Therefore, as mentioned earlier it is important to visit the doctor before applying any of such home remedies.
In order to get relief of the pain one can also use a technique of hot and cool. In such technique, one can use the method of heating and cooling on a repetitive manner. One must place an ice pack on the place for suppose fifteen minutes and then to remove it. Cleaning the place with a dry towel, one must put heat pack on the particular place. One must continue this cycle for few hours as it can help the person to avoid the hip pain.
If the intensity of the pain is higher, then a patient can take drugs, which are non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory. These types of drugs help in order to sooth the pain and give a relief to the person suffering from it. However, it is always advisable that one must consult the doctor before they start to take any sorts of drugs, as over dose of any drugs could have adverse effect on the body.
If someone is already suffering from hip pains, they must avoid doing any sorts high impact activities. These activities include jump, sprint etc, as these activities puts a lot of pressure on the joints. Such impacts might harm the joints too. One can take a brisk walking instead of running as it has much lower impact on the joints than running. Additionally, one can focus on the kits that they are using in order to doing the physical exercises, especially the shoes. A good shoe can helps a lot in order reduce the pressure of the foot as well as of the joints.
Most of the doctors usually used to advice that prevention is always a better option than of cure. In order to take a proper prevention one must focus on strengthening the muscles such as of the inner thighs, backs etc. Swimming is a very good exercise, which helps the back muscles to get strengthen as well as the hip muscles and inner thigh muscles. Additionally performing daily exercise can help the person in order to avoid sudden crunches or aches.
Therefore, one who follows these basic issues can easily avoid the pains related to hip in future. Additionally, doing proper exercise can also helps the person in order to have a much-fit body that can help the person to avoid problems like hip replacement and other bone related issues.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
In my long-term career, I have seen that most of the people come with the problems of arthritis or joint pains after the age of 50 years or more. However, I am sure that if those people would take proper care of the bones from an earlier age they could avoid such issues. Joints usually connect two bones such as knee joint, shoulder joints or hip joints and take the weight to allow you move in a fluent manner. Trauma, strains and sprains, bursitis are some of the causes of the joint pain. Here I am going to mention certain tricks, following which they can avoid arthralgia in the later age.
Ice Therapy: In order to reduce the tissue from swelling, the flow of blood is needed to be reduced. Ice temperature helps to decrease blood flow thus whenever you feel pain you must put an ice pack on the place in an interval of every hour for duration of 15 minutes time. Apply the same process even on next day at least for four or five times for the same duration. The process helps you to heal the pain. The process is also known as cryotherapy. However, in order to shun the ice burn it is advised to not place the ice directly on skin rather to apply it by wrapping it in wash clothes or towels.
Hydrotherapy: Pouring warm water can also does wonder in case of getting relieved from joint pains. Having a bath in mild warm water or immersed the area in the water can bring relief to you by stimulating the flow of blood.
Massage: Giving a proper massage to the area of pain can also help you in order to get relieved from pain and further knee joint replacement. Proper massage can help you to get over the joint pain of knee and hips. You can go for it by both own or professional. If you are doing it by own remember to keep the direction of the stroke to the upward. A topical menthol rub massage can also help to reduce the pain.
Medication: However, it is the least option that is suggested, but in case the pain is acute, ibruphen can be a good relief for the joint pain. Non-steroidal drugs can help to relieve from the joint swelling as well as stiffness of the muscle. However, it is recommended that to visit the doctor before you take the medicines.
Exercise: Doing regular exercise helps you to avoid the joint pains and later to avoid the joint replacing surgeries. Therefore, it is important to choose the proper exercise, which let you to stay within the limit and not cause further pain. Exercise extends the limits of you muscle and strengthens the joints thus it prevents the joint aches. Further doing the exercise helps you to control body weight. It helps the joints such as knees and the joints to get relieved from taking the extra burden. As example you are 10kg weighing extra it put pressure equivalent to 30 kg extra on your knee joints.
Adapting right technique: it is always advisable that you must sit, work or lift heavy things in the proper technique as it helps your joint to be protected from the external injuries. People who are associated with the sports must use different protecting gears that would help them from being injured or hip joint replacement.
Finally, the best possible way to keep the joint pain away is by having a plenty of time by taking rest. It helps you to reenergise yourself and to repair the body damages in a natural way.
These few tricks can be used in order to avoid the joint related problems. However, causes like aging or family history cannot be avoided all the time. Thus, it is advisable to stay in touch of the doctor to avoid the joint problems. Keep the joint pains away and stay happy.
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Right from a heavy fall in the playgrounds, to an on-road collision – there can be a variety of causes that can result in your knee joint getting severely damaged. There is no particular reason to despair on this count though, since complete or partial knee joint replacements (as the consultant doctor deems necessary) are performed regularly in India. The onus, however, is on you to clarify all doubts about the surgical process and the post-operative care regimen. Here are the eleven most important questions that you should ask your orthopaedic specialist:
1) Can chronic blood clotting problems stand in the way of getting healed quickly? – If your blood does not tend to clot easily, inform the orthopaedic doctor about the same before the operation. In case you have a history of blood infections – make sure that the surgeon is aware of that as well.
2) What is the quality of the prosthetic(s) to be used? – Request the doctor to use imported, top-quality artificial joints for knee replacements. Prosthetics of local make generally bear slightly lower price tags, but their efficacy and reliability over time remains suspect. You should not have to get the prosthetic replaced before 12-15 years (at the earliest).
3) How long would the knee be in a protective cast? – For a few days after a complete knee joint replacement surgery, the limb would be encased in a cast. For partial replacements too, such casts would be used – albeit for a lesser number of days. Find out for how long the cast has to be retained, and make sure that the joint is not exposed to sudden, strong jerks in the interim.
4) Would you need a blood thinning agent? – In order to prevent infections, orthopaedic specialists usually recommend using a blood thinner, right after an artificial knee joint has been inserted. Inquire in detail about the type of blood thinner you would require (if at all). You should also be aware of the duration for which the thinner has to be used.
5) Can lung problems be an issue? – Yes they can – and that’s exactly why you should mention such problems (if present) to the orthopaedic surgeon. If you have lung clots and/or chronic asthma, acute respiratory problems can be experienced after the application of anesthesia. Even if it is a relatively minor custom fit knee surgery you are going for, lung problems should never be ignored.
6) Would walking aids be required? – As you resume movements after a knee replacement surgery, you would probably be advised to use crutches, canes or knee braces for the first 2-3 weeks. Make sure that you follow the advice, to minimize chances of falls (which can cause further damages to the tender joint). In certain cases, special medical stockings might also have to be worn, to keep the knee joint properly compressed.
7) What can be the probable after-effects of a knee surgery? – Most knee surgeons have the expertise and knowhow to complete joint replacement operations in the best possible manner – but the risks of problematic after-effects cannot be ruled out altogether. Find out about the inflammations, enhanced bone tenderness, and/or acute pains that might be experienced after the surgery. Make sure that you can get in touch with the doctor, in case of any such emergency.
8) What would be the medications you need to have while recuperating? – Post-operative medications after knee replacements are not only about painkillers. You will, in all likelihood, have to take vitamin pills, anti-inflammatory pills, and other supplementary medicines. Get a thorough idea of the courses of these medicines, so that confusions do not arise later.
9) Which knee rehabilitation exercises would be ideal for you? – To get back the lost mobility in your knee joint, you will gradually have to start following a regular exercise schedule. Application of heat and ice is necessary for the first 6-7 days after a knee joint replacement surgery. If there are no complications, you can proceed to light joint stretching exercises (as advised by the orthopaedic doctor).
10) Will arthroscopic techniques be used for the surgery? – Advanced knee replacement surgeries are generally carried out with arthroscopic aids. This involves the insertion of a small camera-piece inside the joint – to provide a real-time feed about whether the joint is being inserted and set in the correct manner. In case your knee surgeon is in favor of using this technique, find out whether it would add to the overall expenses (and by how much).
11) How long do you need to wait, before resuming your professional life? – If you are professionally employed, you need to know the duration for which you should stay on medical leave. Depending on whether you have undergone a partial or complete knee replacement, and whether yours is a desk job or not – a resting period of one to two months is recommended. Trying to rejoin work too soon might land you back at a hospital!Inquire about how much the total bill for the knee joint replacement surgery is likely to be. While desperately trying to save money on a major orthopaedic procedure makes no sense at all, such information would help you arrange for the requisite funds from beforehand. Knee replacements are way less risky than what they used to be a couple of decades back – but that does not mean you can afford to be lax about it!
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Orthopedic complications can jeopardize your ability to perform your daily tasks, and might adversely affect your movements too. Unfortunately, there are many common habits, which enhance the risks of potentially terminal fractures, and other bone damages. Say goodbye to the habits listed below, and lower your chances of requiring knee replacements and other such elaborate orthopedic procedures:
- An overall reckless attitude – Irrespective of whether you are crossing a busy road, or are moving about in your house – doing everything with a modicum of care and patience is essential. Accidental falls can result in serious fractures, while on-road collisions can be potentially fatal. Be careful in whatever you are doing – and keep risks of bone breakages minimal.
- Following an unhealthy diet – Having meals at irregular times, with lots of oil-rich items in them does not only increase your body weight – the habit makes your bones more prone to damages as well. Consult a professional dietician, about the necessary nutritional supplements (vitamins, minerals, omega acids, etc.) that should be present in your meals. Of course, if you have undergone a knee joint replacement surgery or any other such orthopedic operation recently, you need to follow special post-operative diets.
- Heavy drinking and puffing habits – Regular smoking can leave you more prone to serious and long-standing bone damages. Frequent consumption of alcoholic liquors also has the same effect. Teenagers, in particular, need to stay away from such unhealthy habits – so that the development of their bone structure is not hampered in any way.
- Staying at a single place for too long – Curling up on the sofa in front of the television is definitely an attractive idea – but don’t do this for hours on end every day. In general too, avoid maintaining the same body posture for too long. Obesity might be a direct result, which, in turn can lead to acute joint pains and aches. Often, such lazy habits can necessitate partial knee replacements and other such orthopedic treatments. Be a little more active – and stay healthier!
- Taking too many painkillers – OTC painkillers offer only temporary pain relief, and hardly ever provides any lasting solution to orthopedic problems. If you are experiencing muscular and joint pains often, get in touch with a specialist as soon as possible. For example, if there are problems in your knee joint, you will probably require a custom fit knee surgery in India. Popping a few pills will only aggravate the problem.
- Being too stressed out – While many don’t realize this, too much of stress has an unfavorable impact on the strength of your bone structure in particular, and your overall health, in general. Read books, listen to relaxation music, or perform any other task that helps you to get rid of daily stresses and mental strains. Your alertness levels will increase too!
- Missing out on the symptoms of bone infections – Find out the common symptoms of the different bone infections, from the web. Tumors in and around the shoulder and knee area also need to be diagnosed at an early stage. If you are negligent on this count, you might end up with having no other option than going for a shoulder joint or partial knee replacement surgery.
- Subjecting yourself to bone fatigue – Do not perform tasks that involve repetitive limb movements, for too long at a stretch. This is particularly important, if you are involved in any type of industrial activities. The resultant bone fatigue can leave you more vulnerable to fractures and other damages.
Labels: Best Orthopedic Surgeon in India, Knee Joint Replacement, Knee joint replacement surgery, Knee Replacement, Knee replacement in India, knee replacement surgery, knee surgeons, Partial knee Replacement